Wish I was a BIGGER Loser!

jenncarson
on 6/22/07 2:12 pm - AZ
I've had a really crappy last 5 or 6  weeks in EVERY area of my life. On top of it all, I only lost 4 pounds this last month. It's 3 months since I was banded and I've lost only 36 pounds. I know it isn't a competition but it seems like other banders are losing more. I just got my second fill and I'm increasing exercise so this will help. I need encouragement. Please, send me a cyber pep talk. - Tell me about a bad month or period of time you experienced limited loss.  Jenn C. in Chandler
Candi Y.
on 6/22/07 2:44 pm - Cottonwood, AZ
Jenn Hang in there Girlfriend!!  We all have our moments!  Your NOT gaining so thats good!!  Just try to get back on track and it sure sounds like you are and maybe that 2nd fill will help alot!!!  You and I were banded around the same time, I'm the 14th of March, I just really had a really big weigh loss jump the past 5 weeks, 4 weeks from my second fill and then just had a really bad week where I lost 7lbs in one week cause my 3rd fill was to tight, NOT A FUN SITUATION, but sure did give me a kick in the ass to get movin!!   HEY  - Play some of your motivating songs..... That wsa the greatest ides you came up with, I actual downloaded most of them onto my ipod so when I walk I have them playing!!   HANG IN THERE AND  WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
JRinAZ
on 6/22/07 4:35 pm - Layton, UT
Give me a "J"  Give me an "E"  Give me an "N"  Give me another "N".....What does that spell????? Awesome!  .....Soooooooo that was your lil cyber cheer! ......Come to support group soon to get a big group hug and oodles of advice mixed with a little information and loads of FUN!!!! I think you're on the schedule in a couple of meetings for the great topic of "Teaching kids how to eat"???? Y'know that everyone loses at a different rate.  With this horrendous heat, your body may be holding onto fluids sooooooo.....drink, drink, drink the water and wa**** out!  ....Shake up your plan a little so your body gets confused and lets go of a few !!!! 36 pounds is Fantastic!!!!  I'll bet you are at least a couple of sizes smaller!!!!  Keep at it!  The band will be your friend for a long time!  The turtle won the race!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

poohspal
on 6/23/07 1:12 am - AZ

36 pounds?  Thats amazing!!!  Thats wonderful!!! That is a couple of sizes gurl!!  You need to quit kicking yourself and start congratulating yourself instead!  You have made this amazing choice to change the rest of your life and be healthy, well your doing it Sista!  This is not like any diet you have ever been on.  This is the rest of your life!  You will lose this weight you will succeed!  You know why?  Because you are a strong woman who has the power and the tool!  You are in the control seat now, not your body anymore! You will do this!  and Drink your water!!

296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Nicole W.
on 6/23/07 7:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Jen, I know it will be very hard to do, but do not compare yourself to other's.  I had to stop because I was getting extremely discouraged when I would hear people losing 145lbs in 7 months and I have only lost 100...  I thought I was doing something wrong even thou I was busting my a$$ in the gym, drinking my water and eating the way I should.   So I stopped getting on the scale and I stopped comparing myself.   36lbs is AWESOME!  and be very proud of that.  I lifted up my nephew the other day and couldn't believe how much he weighed and it was such a struggle to carry him around... then thought to myself, I was carrying around almost 4 of him on my body, that made me smile and feel happy! Congrats on your success! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

ginau
on 6/23/07 8:34 am - mesa, AZ
Jenn  I so hear what your saying - I was told to focus less on the number and more on how you feel , your clothes fitting you differant.  it will drop -  your body is just taking its own sweet time to react to your changes , Just give it time . Rome was not built in a day and you didn't put it on overnight -its going to take a while to come off .. So go celebrate the awesome 36 drop and  have a glass of water - Cheers 
Ella_D
on 6/24/07 4:13 pm - UT

Congrats on the 36 Jenn!  That is great!  I can't share any personal stories with you because I just had my RNY on June 12th, but other posts that I have read say that usually during those stall periods you are most likely losing inches, because your body is adjusting to the new weight, and to measure yourself for inches lost.  Hopefully this helps.  But for the record, I personally think you are doing really great!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wM9avHc/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wM9avHc/weight.png">>

jenncarson
on 6/25/07 9:51 am - AZ
Thank God for you all! You are such an encouragement. I had been exercising outside until the oven door opened here in Phoenix.  So, I finally moved indoors and did 45 minutes of treadmill and light weights in the gym today. Someone suggested audiobooks and I did that today. It made the time go faster. I'm also going to my local support group tomorrow. So, that will help! My goal is daily exercise... I think I'm also going to start giving myself rewards for every 5 pounds. A pedicure or something.  I'm 36 six pounds down and I want to reach the 50 pound mark this summer. I think staying positive and motivated is the most important thing. 
David S.
on 6/25/07 1:11 pm
Sometimes when I have some time pass where I don't lose much weight I have to remind myself that I had the surgery not just to lose weight, but to become a healthier person in every aspect of my life.  As a result, I focus on making my life healthier, and before I know it I've lost a little more weight.   Also, there's many areas of my life I'm constantly trying to improve that are unrelated to my weight.  Focusing on them helps me to not get as frustrated.  Keep up the good work! --Dave
Dave from AZ     
Most Active